Prep SD had a lovely visit from our special people in our lives! It was so nice to meet lots of Prep SD’s different family members. We all had a fantastic day!
The week beginning the 8th of August we will be learning:
Today Prep SD celebrated the Olympics by participating in the Oatlympics Day. Prep SD had so much fun dressing up in Green and Gold to support the Aussies competing at the Olympics. It was great to see that all of the children and their families got behind this special event, as it only occurs once every four years.
Thank you Mum’s and Dad’s for all of your help!
Special thanks to Mrs Gamble our sport teacher for organising such a successful day.
The week beginning the 1st of August we will be learning:
• Correct formation of the letter Qq
• The sound for the letter Qq – Queens run Quickly Q q q
• Revise the sounds for all of the letters learnt so far s, m, r, t, f, c, a, l, h, b, d, e, n, p, g, o, i, j, k
• Reading – sentences and words
• Rhyming – words that rhyme with ‘ad’
• Café – cross checking (accuracy)
• Story writing – recording beginning sounds and words, writing from left to right, capital letters and full stops
• Maths – counting forwards and backwards, numbers beyond 10, before and after, shapes, colours, more and less, more about addition
• Integrated – Spring
DONT FORGET! Friday the 5th of August is our Oatlympics.
Don’t forget to wear your green and gold and come ready to participate in some fun and exciting sports games.
Parents you are welcome to attend our ceremony in the gym and take some happy snaps 🙂
This week we are learning all about the letter Qq! Remember, Q never goes anywhere without his best friend U!
On Friday the 22nd of July the Preps celebrated the fact that they had been at BIG school for 100 days. We enjoyed making a headband, our class party and practicing counting to 100 throughout the day. Pop into the classroom to see what your child will look like and what they will do when they are 100 years old!
Reflecting back to the Preps very first day of school, I am so very proud of how far our little people have come and all that they have learnt.
Congratulations Preppies and Happy 100 Days of School!
The week beginning the 25th of July we will be learning:
Friday 29th July we will have our coin line-up for the schools sponsor child Kibra. Please encourage your children to donate a few dollars ($1, $2 and 50c coins) to help keep Kibra in school and give her the education she deserves.